Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody!

I celebrated Thanksgiving with Will and family on Tuesday.  Pam went with me to their early dinner and we had--among other things--the juiciest bird, basted with herbs and cooked in a bag.  That's the way I'm going to cook it if I ever cook one again.

Elena and seven other little girls were drawing in her room and Nathan and a boy cousin were playing. Two baby boys (one Vicky's, the other Brenda's) were parked in little carriers, side by side, cousins who look like twins.  The girls had a sign on the door saying "Girls Only Club" (written by Elena) but they let these two grandmothers in.

I'm wide awake at 4:13 in the morning--trying to sleep, then getting up and cleaning, then reading.  Just took a Benadryl, a glass of milk, and a slice of Veronica's zucchini bread. That should do the trick.  The movie I watched at midnight was "A Sea of Trees."

Later today, I'll have another delicious meal with Kate and family--and she really knows how to put on a party!

Wherever you are, and with whomever, I hope each of you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving!




No comments: