Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2016

What now?

In the past couple of weeks, I've had countless conversations with friends (face to face, in email, and on the phone) who are despondent about the election.

My Blue Friends and I have eaten more candy, watched more movies than news, cleaned out our closets, and spent a fair amount of time under the covers, unable to find the energy to move forward.  We've been gripped in paralysis.

When I feel hopeless, I look to writers who have wiser things to say about it than I do.  This morning's Brainpickings includes Toni Morrison's response:

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=13eb080d8a315477042e0d5b1&id=70016c55ba&e=7940cd5ca2

For a few days, I deactivated my account on Facebook, only to reactivate it to read something Kate asked me to read.  I'm tired of politics.  I'm tired of people passing on "fake news" stories without checking the veracity of the stories.  I'm tired of being pulled into (and contributing to)  the maelstrom of fear and anger.








No comments: