Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

Friday Night

Finally, I am feeling better--though the mold problem hasn't been fully resolved.  I have a mold man coming on Monday and hope to see an allergist this week to find out (a) if there is mold, and (b) if I have a toxic reaction to it.

I'm hopeful that recounts will adjust some of the big election close calls in our favor--especially with Stacy in Georgia and Gillum in Florida.  The race between Beto and the other guy was excruciatingly close as well, but I'm still wearing my Beto shirt and hoping that someone in Texas finds a drawer of lost ballots that turn it around.  Carlene and I are on the same page--which makes watching the news, if not pleasurable, at least something we can complain about together.

It takes a little while to settle back in, and we've taken a few days to do not much of anything.  This morning, Carlene and I sat in adjacent turquoise chairs at Sky Nails and got pedicures and manicures, two hours of pampering that is always good for the body and soul, especially at Sky Nails where they play good music and no TV.

Then we enjoyed the last of the soup Pam had left in the fridge, took a nap,  and went out to dinner with Will and Bonnie and Elena.

I'm reading Almost Everything by Anne Lamott--who looks for what's good in a world choked up right now with awful.

Here's her take on Trump world--though she doesn't name names:

"Something that helps is to look at adversaries as people who are helping you do a kind of emotional weight training.  Nautilus for your character.  They may have been assigned to you, to annoy or exhaust you.  They are actually caseworkers."

Maybe so.

But I'm ready for a whole new gym and a new cast of personal trainers.






No comments: