Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2018

My house is shrinking!

I have moved my mattress and all breakables and whatever I could lift into the living room.  The floors--all but the large pieces of furniture--are bare.  Tomorrow I'll remove curtains and pictures and see how much the living room will hold.  Then I'll pack my bags as if taking a trip and prepare to depart when the insurance and bidders duke it out and decide who's doing what.

Until the work proceeds, I'll live in the guest room on the single bed, in the bathroom, and then--when it's no longer possible to have a bed in the house, I'll move over to Kate's who's generously invited me to use her guest room during the tearing up and installation of new floors.

Seeing all these rooms bare is like watching a movie backwards!


No comments: