Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Mold? Or what?

Carlene and I are slowly slowly settling back in, eating meals left in the fridge by Pam and Jan, taking turns reading the new Anne Lamott book Pam left for me (Almost Everything), and catching up on this and that a little at a time.

The month before I left for my trip I had what I call "fibro" and associate with CREST syndrome--though it's not necessarily connected.  As soon as I left for my long road trip, there was only one day of pain--and that coincided with washing clothes in a basement.

Upon returning, I discovered that--having turned off the AC--the floors in my bedroom are buckled badly in three places.  It made me suspect that perhaps mold is the cause of the aches and pains.

So thanks to suggestions from Carlene and Dana--who's renting the apartment--I ordered a dehumidifier and am looking online for people who treat houses for mold.  My brother has mold toxicity, and I'm thinking that may be the problem with me as well.

Tomorrow, I'm having an AC man and a plumber, both coming to see if we can find the source of the problem.  My own diagnosis is that the water got under the wood floors and the heat in the house caused the water to expand.  It may be that the water was there for a long time and I would never have known it if the wood had not expanded to make my bedroom floors like fun house floors. You literally have to be careful not to trip on the floors!

Does anyone know of someone who does mold testing and treatment?


No comments: