Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Round things



Ingrid Fetell Lee writes that round shapes are bringers of joy.  The round shapes of glasses and bowls, for example:



Here's a quilt I snapped in a Claryton, Georgia gallery--made by Annie Cochran, all circles.


These round-ish coconut masks from Mexico in my living room always make me happy:


As do the wide-circle eyes of dolls and puppies and human babies:




Wheels and balls and tire swings.  Birthday cakes and candle flames and bath bombs.  Fruits and flowers.  Round things are everywhere--we just have to look for them for bursts of joy!

Imagine my surprise a couple of weeks ago, when Betty and I were in a New Hampshire general store, and I walked to the bathroom in the back of the meat market.  Between the meat cutters and packagers, I spied a matched pair of adorable humans with bald little heads and big round eyes, perched on the red-topped cutting table--instant joy!






No comments: