Pages

Friday, August 30, 2019

Returned yesterday from a flawlessly wonderful week in Georgia celebrating my mama's 94th birthday with Bob and Jocelyn--and later, Mary Elizabeth and Dot, too--and Carlene's many friends who sent cards, three of whom took us out for dinner on Friday night.  Except for the day we went to Perry, Bob and Jocelyn came over or we met them in Athens at one of our favorite eateries, Bone Island.


One of my daddy's maple trees has one limb already turning red--
so I'm going to want to go back in October to see its full colors.

When I got into my Texas Uber, the sticky heat nearly knocked me down after a week of moderate weather.

I have two new enthusiasms from this trip: (1) Bojangles Biscuits with country ham and (2) vintage typewriters.  The former can not be acquired in Texas, unfortunately, but the latter can--so I'm going to start a search for a manual typewriter for fun--after watching a Tom Hanks documentary, California Typewriters.

Reyes is still here working on the house--painting and fixing--but the yard is looking amazing!  I love having a yard full of river rocks and low-maintenance native plants!   And I am so grateful to Will and Veronica for designing and doing the yard for me!

Nathan says, "School is awful," but of course that's what seventh graders always say.

Elena had her first homework last night for second grade.  "I'm so excited about it!" she said.  Then--
"But I don't think I'm supposed to be."

Day reported that her first week of school--as an academic coach--was "Awesome!"

We all have to have things to be enthusiastic about--whether it's homework, baby flowers, new jobs, biscuits, or typewriters.  Without enthusiasm, we lose our vitality juices.










No comments: