Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2020

A week after Election Day

 ...I had the privilege of having Nathan spend the day with me.  He set up his classroom in the casita and popped in between classes to play UNO.

When the school day ended, Will and Bonnie and Elena joined us for dinner and another episode of a Nathan-invented game of hard questions about medieval history, video games, and American colonial history.  I'm not sure which team won, as we asked repeatedly for clues.

Nathan has asked me, and I'm honored to say yes, to edit the book he's writing.  But first, he read aloud the first two well-written chapters, and it's going to be fun to be his editor!  Elena said, "I definitely want to read this book, Nathan!" 


They brought roses, balloons, bath bombs, and a little succulent from Elena.  They brought a card that made me teary.  And they brought--best of all, hugs from two little kids I adore. Some things are definitely worth the tiny risk, and hugs are at the top of that list! 

No comments: