Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Respair

A Way With Words (NPR) just sent me a new word in my inbox: Respair means "to have hope again." 

I'm sure everyone reading this blog knows exactly what they (and I) mean: We have hope again!  After hearing Biden's first six cabinet members speak, a group of professionals not the President's kids or groupies I felt respair.  

When Jan and I screamed that Saturday after the election returns finally came in. well--that was all caps an exhilaration degree of RESPAIR!

Kate called and told me that since there would only be three there this Thanksgiving, she was "cutting down her menu."  Then she named all the things she was making today.  About nineteen dishes instead of twenty???  One of the things she was deleting from her usual amazing menu was fruit salad--to which Lisa said, "Mom!  Fruit salad?  That's my favorite thing!"

My guess is that Kate and Lisa and David will get the whole meal deal, fruit salad included!  And I have been invited to come pick up a plate.  So all is well that ends well is what I say. 

I hope you all have a happy, albeit not in the usual way, Thanksgiving tomorrow!  






No comments: