Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Nine Sunday Sparks So Far

1. I went to Wal-mart to get ingredients for some of Nathan's favorite foods (he's coming to spend the day with me tomorrow!) and there was a palpable lightness in the air.  People were smiling at each other.  I asked one woman wearing a Black Lives Matter mask if she was happy, and she said, "Yes Mam, SO happy!"

2. I asked the greeter the same question and he beamed, "I am so happy!"

3. So I asked everyone wearing a give-away smile or mask or T-shirt: Are you happy this morning? And everyone lit up like holiday trees and candles.  All of us early morning shoppers were sparkling together, hoping for something new. 

4. A woman was getting out of her pick up truck smoking a cigarette--and she asked me how I felt this morning and I said "Euphoric!" and she threw down her cig and clapped her hands. 

5. Percy at the drive-through window said she was thrilled, but Trump was a sore loser.  I said, "Yes, as expected, but I don't plan to mention his name again." 

6. I sent my first contribution to the senatorial candidates of Georgia--who could change the balance in Congress and take away the obstructionist power of the majority leader. 

7. My family and all my friends are thrilled.  This is a happy day for Democrats and the millions of  Americans who voted for Joe and Kamala. 

8. I read the writing of five writer friends and had a conversation with a friend I haven't seen in years. 

9. And now am relaxed and peaceful after a Yoga Nidra class.  


No comments: