Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

December 1, 2020

It feels like we're in a time warp.  Days of the week are interchangeable.  Long and short--when applied to time--are not what they used to be.   

Usually Christmas music starts up in stores right after Halloween, way too early.  This year, I've not heard any at all.  

I spent Thanksgiving in my tribe of one--but Jan delivered me a meal and Kate gave me one the next day. so I got my yearly fix of turkey and dressing and all the trimmings.  

I drove past a store on San Pedro that sells evening dresses displayed in a brightly lit window.  Even in normal times, there are many layers of history between me and evening dresses, but in pandemic times, there's a whole new layer of history from a year ago reminding me that very few people are partying anymore, even young girls.  No proms, no dances, and probably no formal anything.  

I think in years to come, we'll remember this big gash in time and describe everything in terms of the pandemic: BC, COVID, and AC.  I hope AC hurries up and lands!

I'm off to get my every-three-month steroid shots in my knees and the last ones seem like they happened a year ago at least.  



No comments: