Pages

Monday, December 21, 2020

Searching for a Furry Friend

The last thing I do every night is to troll the internet for little dogs.  I do not choose to own a dog bigger than I am or strong enough to pull me to the ground with her boundless enthusiasm.  

I found this one in the New Braunfels Humane Society but they say she isn't "socialized" yet.  I'm thinking that may mean that she bites (though look at that sweet face and see if you see a biter!) or that she wasn't chosen for the dog sorority of her choice.

Sweet Doggie

So then I went to another site, where I found a labradoodle, and I thought, Oh yeah, I like labs and I like doodles!

But when they sent me a picture of her mama and one of her daddy, they were both enormous.  This little guy has some big paws to grow into. 


So then I filled out an application to SNIPSA.  It took a while to specify that I want a young dog (6 months to 2 years) that is little and sweet and lovable.  Since I didn't have a spouse to name in the spouse line, they rejected my application, so I put in Mr. Nobody and it went right through. 

And Day, who has a shadow named Tucker, doesn't help when she lets Tom send me cute text photos like this one, calling Day the puppy's "day bed." 


I don't plan to pay thousands of dollars for a designer dog, but I do have my eye out for a homeless sweetie pie who will sprawl happily upon my shoulders! 

Basically I want a dog that remains a puppy forever, house trained with impeccable manners. 

No comments: