Pages

Monday, December 7, 2020

Monday

This is a month of many birthdays.  Tomorrow I'll join friends for a socially distanced picnic at Palmetto Park to celebrate Beverly's.  Today is the birthday of my sweetest grandmother ever, Mimi, the following day Papa's. 

Mimi and Papa were born at the turn of the 20th century.  After their wedding, they rode to Papa's parents' house on a horse-drawn buggy.  I often wonder what they and my daddy would have made of this century, especially 2020.  

My grandson Marcus wrote an article for the school paper about video games and ways they are helping young people through the pandemic. 

https://fchsjagwire.com/3218/culture/xboxed-in-by-pandemic-students-turn-to-video-games/

Mimi and Papa wouldn't have a clue about video games, computers, cell phones, social distancing, e-mail, or social media.  They would, however, remember, their own pandemic of 1918 and two World Wars. 

My other grandmother, Mama Jim, had three of her sons serving in World War II at the same time.  No wonder she was plagued with aches and pains. 

Carlene and I talk every day and are going through this pandemic together, a thousand miles apart.  I can't imagine what it would be like to go through COVID scares and precautions without a phone to connect with people I love!

Today was a beautiful day.  Alfred cleaned my yard and I drove out to Helotes to deliver gifts to Will's family.  We stood outside and visited for a few minutes, Will and Nathan, the two dogs, and me.  

Conway, the Australian Shepherd, is a lovable big klutz.  Charlie, the little one, is definitely the alpha dog and Conway does whatever Charlie tells him to.  

Charlie is hilarious . He runs around and around so fast he looks like a blur of white.  If we laugh, he runs even faster! 




No comments: