Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Maskless at Target

 The chili is made and I'm going to take--you guessed it--a nap!

But first I want to report on my quick trip to Target to get the one last thing I needed for lunch.

Just as I was walking in, a big man with an American flag mask around his neck walked in.  The greeter reminded him to pull his mask up and the man just kept walking, spewing profanity at the poor greeter who was about half his size.  He strode in with the arrogance of an intentionally mask-less man whose F.Y. seemed to be aimed at all us mortals in the store.  

I'm not sure how mask wearing can be enforced, but it was my first time to see someone refusing to wear one in a store, and I felt in his one gesture contempt that matched the contempt we've all seen from the White House.  I quickly purchased my one thing on a counter being disinfected between customers, then left--so I don't know if he was able to complete his shopping trip and check out.

Even at the Dollar Tree, where I popped in to get a can opener, everyone was masked.  At HEB, same thing.  

I've heard that masks are "optional" in some small towns and rural areas around here, but San Antonio people are almost always compliant.  

I felt so angry!  A young clerk tried following him, calling out, "Sire, please wear your mask," but he ignored her.  

  

No comments: