Pages

Friday, December 18, 2020

Battening down the hatches

Yesterday, within 24 hours, six of Jan's friends got Covid.  One of them died this morning. He was about 80 and he got it from a Thanksgiving family gathering.

The numbers are rising alarmingly and those of us in the over-65 group should take this very seriously.  I know I've taken what I considered a few slight risks myself, but I'm ready now to batten down the hatches and resist, as much as I want to, seeing friends and family until we get the vaccine.

Kate suggested grocery shopping at seven when you can still smell disinfectant--and when few people are in the stores.  Double up your mask and stay home unless it's absolutely necessary to go out.  Visit with the people you love by phone, get tested: we all know the routine by now.  

As soon as we get our vaccines, we can make up for lost time.  I want everyone I love to be safe--and that includes you!



No comments: