Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2020

The last day of 2020

I woke up at 5:00 to the unusual and lovely sound of rain and distant thunder.  I put on my thickest socks and turned on the heat in the casita, then called Carlene while I went for my morning coke.  

I do not have a date for New Years Eve, so no need to doll up and put on fancy shoes.  Come to think of it, I've hardly ever had a date for New Years Eve--though I do remember Minnesota Bob and I celebrating Y2K in Minneapolis.  Most end of years have passed uncelebrated unless I hear fireworks, usually after I'm sound asleep. 

I read somewhere that we should do today what we want to do more of in 2021, so I'm thinking I'll venture out to the casita to work on two projects I started yesterday.  

When I go to the casita, I play like I'm going to work.  I usually leave the phone in the house. When I get in the zone, paint and glue on my hands, it's best to call back when I come back inside.  

But I'll keep the phone with me today, just in case some imaginary man calls me for a date we cannot have due to COVID.

We survived this grim year.  We survived almost four years of Trump--though countless others did not.  It's been a sad year and a frustrating awful four years, but we are ready to give birth now to a whole new year, the beautiful bouncing baby that is 2021.  

Be well, everybody.  Vaccines are coming. Fauci said that January could be our worst month yet, so we can't let our guards down just yet.  But as 2021 is born, there's hope for a return to some kind of normal.


Happy New Year!

No comments: