Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

November, Here You Come

What a Halloween I've had--a morning call from Jocelyn, an amazing-as-always Cecelia massage followed by a lunch at my favorite (and pet friendly) Thai place where Belle and Kitty bring aprons for Luci to sit on while they kneel down all the way to the floor and speak softly to her: "Concrete floor is too cold and hard for our Luci, need something soft and warm." 

Then a long afternoon nap, a phone call with Carlene, a snuggle with my Trickster dog, three trick-or-treaters (I hope those snack-sized Snickers I found in the pantry were not stale!), a  trip to an actual mall for the first time since pre-Covid, and a late night phone call from my all time favorite ex-boyfriend Mike who recommended a George Carlin video that made me laugh so hard Luci looked at me with genuine concern: "You've turned into somebody else or what?"  

Jon Stewart, former host of The Daily Show, was the emcee of Forty Years of George Carlin.  I rarely like stand-up, but these guys take comedy into a whole other place, an irreverent blend of jazz, truth telling, philosophy and drama. 

So now it's time to wind down and wake up to November.  It's already out there, my phone tells me, gonna be 39 at sunrise.  

No comments: