Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2023

October 15th



My birthday week has been great!

Starting with the coast trip, staying with two of my oldest and dearest friends in Mary Locke's beach house. 



Continuing with dinner at PF Chang's with Carolyn whom I've known and loved since we were SAC faculty wives in the early 70s. 



Watching the eclipse with Kate and Charlotte before going to a wonderful Italian "hole in the wall" cafe called La Sorrenta.  (Charlotte prefers no pictures-- it's hard for me to resist, but I do.) 

Kate and her son, Jakey
with shadows of the eclipse on his green shirt.

The grand finale tonight: Jan hosting Pam and L'Indy and me for a knock-your-socks-off shrimp dish, along with fruit tart and asparagus with pesto

L'Indy (Linda from Indiana)
and Luci

Pam admiring Jan's table
and flowers from Lorraine

Jan is "the hostess with the mostest" 
 who knows how to put together 
a memorable party!

Delivering a birthday tart
with only one candle, enough
to make lots of wishes on.

Me feeling happy!
So happyand grateful
for ALL of you (here and far away)
 who have made Turning 75 so much fun! 

***

       Today is Day's 53rd birthday.  On my 23rd birthday I was in labor all day, but she held off showing up until after midnight so she'd have a birthday of her own, evidence of her independent spirit from day one.

     After a weekend in Richmond with the boys, she and Tom celebrated tonight watching a Buffalo Bill's game and drinking mocktails. 


Two pictures from her first few months as a little "You are my sunshine" Texas girl...



Lloyd and Carlene's first grandchild--
when we lived on Beckmann Hill in Helotes




No comments: