Pages

Monday, October 23, 2023

Trials and Trails

We all know our own quirky stoves and faucets and kitchen appliances. I know, for instance, that if you turn on the hot water in my kitchen it takes a full minute to heat up, then it gets scorching hot fast.  

Last night Carlene and I went to Walmart to get three of the mini-Bundt cake pans I use at home, along with cream, butter,  eggs and candles.  While there, Carlene and I got separated for a long hour in the huge store filled with crying kids and babies.  She didn't have her phone, so we both walked miles of aisles looking for each other.  I asked a nice couple to help me look for her, and we were finally relieved to be reunited.

So this morning the butter was soft and the eggs room temperature and I set out to make three little birthday cakes for Jocelyn.  After putting them into the oven and walking Luci, I came home to  the distinctive smell of cake batter burning. Three cakes were running over the rims onto the bottom of the oven.  


I quickly poured the wet batter into the trash and vowed to avoid cooking in anyone else's kitchen.  

Otherwise, we had a beautiful day.  We went to the Harris Greenway Trails, named for my daddy.  It was packed with people walking, riding bikes, and playing games.  Bob said it is the most used park in the state of Georgia.  There could be no better legacy for a man who spent his career as a soil conservationist planting trees and planning parks for recreation. 










No comments: