Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Barbel's Carrot Soup

I just got an email from Barbel:


I just read all your last entries with great pleasure, it's like sitting next to you in your cute car, loving the way how you drive, trying not to remind you about your 'leaning posture' (the worried Virgo) and just having fun in your presence and DISCOVERING.

It'll be fun being your 'ghost companion' on your travels.



Now here is the 'description' of my carrot soup since it varies whenever I make it, it's never a fixed recipe:

- slowly sauté  carrot pieces (peeled and cut into slices) in butter, 
  add chopped red onion, fresh ginger, apple, orange, pieces of half cooked sweet potatoes
- add spices: a little sugar, fresh lemon juice, salt, CAYENNE pepper, curry, cumin
- cover with organic vegetable or chicken BROTH
- cook until carrots etc. are soft (max. 1/2 an hour)
  when cooked:  mash it up ……. done =  lecker lecker lecker !
  (sometimes I add raw cashew nuts, or serve it with mango slices, or avocado slices, or sprinkled parsley ……….)


Traveling, I'm not gluten-free, dairy-free, meat-free--I'm eating whatever looks good!
But when I go home, this is going to be my favorite recipe--just hope I can make it as delicious as Barbel's.

"Lecker" is the German word for "delicious"--and that it is!

No comments: