Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Barbel's table in Albuquerque

When I arrived here on Tuesday night, Barbel had a wonderful dinner (quiche and her incomparable ginger and carrot and apple soup)....Once again, I was the lucky  guest at her purple table.

I have such happy memories of times at this table--In San Antonio, in Alpine, and in Albuquerque.  If you know Barbel, you know that she makes every meal a party.

The drive here was long and circuitous--from Ruidoso through the countryside--details of which I will write more about later when I'm not so noodly and sleepy after today's trip to Ojo Caliente.

I learned today that we humans are never less attractive than when slathered with mud.  After several different pools, each with different healing properties, I curled up like a  burrito in a red hammock and watched big clouds drifting across the sky.  It's moments like that when I feel that all is really quite well with the world.

I always leave Barbel's house inspired to serve prettier meals, and to invite friends over for dinner more often!  This was truly the Numero Uno Meal of this road trip.


No comments: