Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Artist Inspirations

When I arrived in Atlanta yesterday, Carlene and her "chauffeur" Alan picked me up and we drove the hour's drive back to Lawrenceville.  It just so happens that Nellie--unbeknownst to me--was visiting her brother-in-law just a few blocks from here.

Carlene made us a delicious pork chop and vegetable dinner--she who "doesn't cook"--and then we sat on the porch and Nellie inspired me all over again, as she always does!  An art professor in Melbourne, Florida, she's always doing exciting things in the arts and in theater.  Recently, she played the leading role in an Edward Albee play and has been taking online art courses that sound fascinating.

I looked through her sketchbook and got all fired up to start one of my own--though I've always held to the belief that I can't draw.  Here's the course she recommends for me:

http://www.sketchbookskool.com.

It's a six-week course taught by six different artists.  After seeing an excerpt from one of the videos, I'm sold and can't wait to sign up and get started.

Likewise, Nellie's going to write a piece to submit to The Sun for September's topic, First Love. We only had a few hours to visit--as they had plans for today and Carlene and I leave tomorrow to start our road trip--but we could have talked for days!






No comments: