Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Beauty

A conversation can be beautiful.  I'll start there.

Because I'm a Libra, some say, I'm attracted to symmetry and balance.  A balanced conversation has potential for beauty, both people on the same track, or close.  Beauty in conversation includes sparks of insights, surprises and nuggets of wisdom and things to think about.

Dancing can be beautiful.   I got a text from my old flame, Mike, at 5:00 this morning: "Can I have this dance?"   He's the kind of dancer who, when I danced with him, I felt like a beautiful dancer--which, actually,  I'm not.

So many books have beauty--from the cover to the feel of the pages to the stories that unfold on their pages.

A human personality can certainly be beautiful: nuanced, funny, warm, affectionate, wise, mysterious.

Betty said that what makes her heart sing are sunsets and mountain views.  We've shared so many beautiful mountain views on our shared road trips in the past thirty years.

Houses and yards--even ragged ones--can be beautiful if they bear the imprints of the people who live there, especially if they are places of hospitality and friendship.

The happy faces of children, innocent and full of wonder--that may be the most beautiful of all.


No comments: