Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Chicken

After three days of not eating, I just now enjoyed a bowl of chicken soup--made by the chefs at Central Market.  It was delicious, full of orzo and spinach and chicken and celery!

Carlene and I have both officially retired from cooking, but from time to time, we get inspired for a day or two.  Just got this recipe today--sent from her iPad to my Inbox--and since she says it's good, I'm sending it along to you all:

I can't believe I am the one sending a recipe!

Baked Chicken Salad
2 cups cooked diced chicken 
2 cups chopped celery
1 T. grated onion 
1 small jar pimiento, drained and chopped 
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup slivered or chopped almonds
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 t. Lemon juice

Topping 
1/2 cup grated cheese
2 cups (I use a little less - more like 1.5 cup)  crushed Ritz crackers

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a 2-quart casserole dish, lightly greased.
For  topping, mix grated cheese and Ritz crackers and sprinkle on top.
Bake uncovered 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Love Y'all
Carlene

Sent from my iPad

No comments: