Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

A birthday party for art



Today, the Topo Chicas (Saturday writing group) got to celebrateVictoria Suescum 's Heading-To-Panana art show in her studio!  It was a magical day!




Before she paints each canvas, she sets up a still life of folk art, flowers, birds and other objects on colorful patterned vinyl.

Before taking the canvases off the stretchers for transport, Victoria wanted a kid-like birthday party--and that's exactly what we did, with balloons, sparkly wine, snacks, and a delicious cheesecake!

THANK YOU all for coming to my studio today. You brought such good karma and I truly feel like we celebrated creativity. Creativity is such a delicate creature. Creating this series has been a roller coaster ride and I have worked SO hard I needed to be treated like a kid. If I'd had ice cream in a cone melting down my arms and all over my face that would not have been too much celebration. I wanted to celebrate the innocence with which we create....



Jennifer was taking this selfy, therefore we only got half
of her face.  Behind Jennifer: Cindy, Victoria, Mary, myself, and Yvette.




No comments: