Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

Day Anna

My daughter, Day, was picked as Favorite Teacher at Falls Church High School this year!



And she was mentioned numerous times by seniors in the yearbook:



And she was asked to be the speaker at the Baccalaureate ceremony on June 18th.  "I hope you don't say, 'This is not an end; this is a beginning," I said--after congratulating her, knowing, of course, she's way too cool for that tired line.

She told me how she planned to tell the seniors that she sees them with double vision--as they were as freshmen and as they are now as graduating seniors.  She' will remind them to question advice, even good advice.

Some qualities are baked in to the person!

When Day was little, she'd ask, "Which shoes should I wear, the blue or the yellow?"

"Yellow," I'd say--and then watch her, every time, put on the blue.

Her mama sees her with double vision, too--the child is right there in the Favorite Teacher!




No comments: