Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Sunday: Arrived at Dulles



I was a crazy lady on the drive from Hartwell to Greenville on Sunday morning.  In my panic, I realized that I do not handle close calls well.

Mike knew what he was doing, leaving at 8 for a 10:20 Greenville flight.  But in my world, I like to arrive at the airport at least an hour before departure, and I was a big, furry ball of anxiety all the way.  Indeed, as promised, I'd have made it on time--but by the skin of somebody's teeth.  After all that wringing of hands, arriving at the gate at ten,  the flight was delayed, giving me half an hour to breathe.



When I landed a tad after noon on Sunday, I was so happy to see my Taller-Than-Both-Parents oldest grandson, Jackson, and Big-Blue-Eyes Marcus for the first time in almost a year.  We five went to True Food Kitchen in Falls Church.



I hope that this restaurant (Andrew Weil's)  one day makes its way to San Antonio. The food and juices were delicious.  I had a Kale-Aid on ice (Kale, Apple, Cucumber, Celery, Lemon and Ginger); and a Chicken Chopped Salad (Cranberry, Date, Jicama, Manchego, Farro, Sprouted Almond, and Champagne Vinaigrette.)  These two, along with the Caramelized Onion Tart, were amazing!





On Monday, we went to Barnes and Nobles, but I felt inexplicably awful: body aches, no energy. We  wound up coming home and I spent the day on the sofa reading magazines (Flow and Bella Grace)  Day had bought and watching her finish the quilt she made for Marcus.




No comments: