Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Embracing What Is

I remember a phrase--was it in the Seventies?--"Just embrace it...."

IT could be fat, crankiness, forgetfulness, aging, or big mistakes.   I thought of that phrase this morning when my body didn't fit into something that fit well last summer: Just embrace it.  Or--the related phrase: "It is what it is."

And so, while I'm attempting to shed these unwanted pounds and ripples, I'm going to a writing group  birthday party this afternoon where cheesecake is going to be served.  Do I hold back?  Do I embrace the cheesecake as it is going into my mouth?  Do I Just Say No?

Victoria (the hostess of the party) just sent us all a Getting Ready email:


The party is not going to be a party for a person's birthday; it's a birthday party for art!  Victoria is leaving soon for Panama for an art exhibit of her wonderful paintings, and we are all celebrating the "birth" of this body of work!

While I am sort of half-heartedly embracing my own fatness, I'm wholeheartedly embracing the creative spirit of Victoria!











No comments: