Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Flea Market and Spoon Music

Hundreds of tables of old tools, seven brand new blue tractors, pots and pans, figurines, old pocket watches, and kitsch of every kind--that's a flea market.  There are also treasures, which is why you go: Mike bought me a pink guitar (pronounced GIT-TAR by the man who sold it),  new sandals, some pretty German building blocks ostensibly for Elena, and two watermelons.  I felt like a rock star walking through the flea market with my pink guitar!

Among the back-of-their-truck vendors, there was much talk of the extreme heat.  "I heard a man died last week," one man told us.  "He was going in the cold house, out in the hot, then back in the cold," Then  he ventured a guess as to the cause of death: "I believe it was hyperthermia."

Then we went out for prime rib and fried fish in Greenville--and enjoyed tinny ragtime music on an antique piano, accompanied by the player's friend  playing spoons.

















No comments: