Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Bless Your Heart

"Bless your heart" is code for all kind of subtexts--but it's usually delivered around here in the category of the ironic. I was reminded of that when I got an email from Diana just now, that every time she hears that phrase she thinks of writing group.

I'm thinking today of Robert Earl Keene's music again--"Feels so good feeling good again!"

It took a village of soup bringers, NIA teachers, diet changes, supplements, exercise, great friends and conversation, but I have energy again, bless my heart!

It's been a hard year in many respects, more health issues than in my whole previous life (I typed "precious" by mistake) and more body and heart aches, but I'm dancing through them, making changes, and finding that the pain I've been calling fibro has seemingly disappeared.

Thanks to all of you who've been part of my village!

In the sauna this morning, I met a forty-year old woman who came in with a cane.  She had juvenile macular degeneration and has been practically blind since she was eighteen; she's a single mother to two children.  Turns out she lives two streets over and I volunteered to take her to and from the gym as often as we can coordinate our schedules.

Jaro, from El Salvador, is here today, touching up paint and fixing broken things.  He's a wonderful man, father of three.  We've been venting about politics this morning.

He's looking for a tutor for his 10-year-old daughter--if anyone knows someone who could help.  It sounds as if she may have mild dyslexia and her vocabulary is limited.  He's been trying to find extra help for her at her elementary school, but said they don't seem to be doing much besides what's done in the regular classroom.

To all of you--and I mean it straight up--Bless Your Hearts!





No comments: