Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Spreading the Joy

Kate--(bless her heart!) gave me my blog subject when she woke me up with a cheery phone call.  She'd had, she said, a great time at the funeral yesterday!  "It was a two-martini funeral," she said, and she got to see all her cousins and relatives.  For our extrovert Kate, it was a jolly day all around.  (The departed was our age but well ready to go, by the way.)

She also had news of renting her apartment yesterday and skipping yoga due to the two martini effect and other happy news.  "Okay, I  have to go now and spread more joy," she said. I love that--starting a day of spreading joy!

Tonight we're going to try to get in to see the much-hyped movie, Hidden Figures, and I'm planning to spend the 17-degree-windchill morning watching one more episode of my series, A Place to Call Home, and doing some reading to prepare for my week of writing groups. I've downloaded a bunch of book samples on the Kindle to get me in the groove.

Accompanied by loud mariachi music from the construction site across the street, I'm settling in for a delicious morning of books and movies and solitude.  And joy--from Kate!

No comments: