Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Drummers in the cold

Today was my first time in drumming group, Kate leading in a red bandana--along with Freda and Charlotte and Marlene and Elaine.

It's a drum-mediation that lasts about twenty minutes; this group has been meeting for "ten to fifteen years," but I was a newcomer with my new yellow drum.

My drum is stained yellow birchwood with a red-leather head,  no stick; the others use Native American round drums with big drumsticks.  I drummed my quiet little drum with cold fingers.

I enjoyed it, but it was c-o-l-d outside, so we were all bundled up under the grandmother trees.

Then, I went to Trader Joe's to stock up on gluten-free foods for the freezer and ingredients for chicken soup, which I will make after my nap.  I'd forgotten how good Trader Joe's is--hadn't been there in a long time.

San Pedro Park: I've lived her for fifty years and never explored this beautiful park with a spring-fed swimming pool, a gazebo, and wonderful trees.

No comments: