Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Marching and Walking

"These boots are made for walking...."

I've just been checking Facebook, marching vicariously with so many of my friends who got out there and put on those pink hats and carried signs, and I wish I'd been among them!  I've been watching in-your-face speeches that were given at marches across the country, including Ashley Judd's rap about being a "nasty woman."

I didn't go for two reasons: my foot pain and Elena's birthday party.

In retrospect, I should have marched or walked or hobbled, whatever.  I'd have been proud to tell Elena one day that I was part of a movement like this one, millions of women (and many men) who stood up for what they believe in.

Kudos to all of you who got out there and protested with your feet and signs and voices!


No comments: