Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Weekend Report

Going back to NIA after a two-year hiatus was like a homecoming, dancing on the wooden floor with Lorraine and fifteen other women, moving to the music of Leonard Cohen, my all-time favorite.  I'd planned to do a half class, just a warm up--but surprised myself in staying the entire hour and feeling great afterwards!

While dancing, you don't think about or care, for that hour, who's president.  You don't worry or regret or obsess or plan, you just are, yourself, and that's enough for an hour.

At the book signing the women in the book attended, some alone, some with family members, all dressed up.  One came in and introduced herself, "I'm Page 27!"

Each one, some more reluctantly than others, stood up and spoke about their lives, read poetry they'd written,  and thanked all the others for their inspiration.  I had tears in my eyes, so proud of Bonnie for thinking of a project that meant so much to us all.  We missed you, Lea!

Today, I finished a book (They Don't Mean To But They Do), then had a good porch visit with Freda. Then Lorraine and Jan and Pam and I went to a rally on Main Plaza.






The young man speaking for Black Lives Matter quoted Martin Luther King: "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."











No comments: