Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Jamie, Miracle Worker

Jamie is half my age.  She's in town from Kansas for a week-long workshop for a NIA blue belt training and renting the casita behind my house.

When I told her about my pain, she asked if she could come over and show me some NIA moves--as she intends to work with patients experiencing pain.

I was grateful for her offer but dubious--because my energy level has been nil and my feet hurt when I walk.  I walked to the door with difficulty, then got up and did exactly what she asked me to do--for a full hour!

It was a slow and easy workout but my pain began to dissipate as we moved slowly on the rug.

Tomorrow, I'm going to sign up for NIA and get moving, hoping to hold on to the shift I'm starting to feel.  NIA is a combination of moves to music, part martial arts and similar to a dance-version of yoga. I used to do it regularly, but dropped out a couple of years ago.  It's always a little difficult to start a new regimen, but here goes!

Then I ate a bowl of homemade chicken soup--recommended by my friend "Dr. Linda" in Los Angeles.  Yummy!


No comments: