Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

I sent Day a traveler's notebook from Chic Sparrow and she loves it!  For the past two days, she's been home sick with a cold and we've had fun talking about her plans for doing her journal.  She's a very visual person and will likely use hers for drawing and quilt planning.  Inside each leather cover are four elastic bands--and you can put a journal in each band.  I have one for recipes, one for writing, and one for keeping notes, pictures and other random things.

Here's mine:




Day's is red with pockets inside and white stitching, the deluxe model:




I heard some people talking on NPR about how they are so busy they often wish they'd get "a little bit sick" so they could take a day off and read a book in the middle of the day!  It's wonderful being semi-retired and able to read a book any time we like, or make one.

It's been a good week.  Joy came for lunch on Tuesday; Pam and I shopped at Soft Surroundings, and Elena and I saw Coco on Monday.  Here's our precious six-year-old shopping at a vending machine:



Today I stuck to my plan--to stay home all day and write.


No comments: