Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sunday Notes

I like days like today--when I slowly and lazily check a bunch of things off my list:

Getting both a flu and a shingles shot.  I'd had the shingles shot already, but when a friend got shingles this year, I decided to investigate.  FYI: the old shingles shot was only 65% effective and I remember it costing $300 out of pocket.  The new shot is a two-part shot that the pharmacist recommended everyone getting even if you've had shingles and even if you've had the previous shot. My Medicare covered it entirely and it's not only 90% effective but if you do get shingles, it will be very light.  Shingles can be very serious and we don't want it.

Shopping at HEB, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Trader Joes.  I bought a little gadget a friend had told me about--should you, like me, get the occasional whisker on  your chin.  It's called Flawless.  Everyone says it works.  I'm postponing flawlessness until after my nap and a few chapters of YO by Julia Alvarez and another book I'm enjoying--the Ursula Le Guin essays.

So here I go--about to be flawless, flu-less (I hope) and shingle-less with lots of good stuff in my refrigerator.

All that and a stack of good books calling--what a good day!

No comments: