Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

Monday Notes

Monday is my errand day--downtown library, upholstery shop, Volkswagen service, AT&T to figure out why my phone only makes and receives calls in the car, stuff like that, then ending with a movie with two Lindas to see Phantom Thread.  I just popped in home to re-heat leftovers for lunch.

My "absorbing errand" is this notebook.  I'm starting mine with a scrapbook of letters, cards, and photos from and by my family.  After putting them all in separate boxes, now I want to lift words and pictures without destroying the originals and put the words and faces in the notebook.  First step is to learn now to transfer images to paper, what kinds of papers to use, and how to paint over the pages once assembled.  It's like making up my own art class, and I'm enjoying it throughly.

The idea is to have all my treasured family memories in one place, so I don't have to search for a particular picture by going through various boxes.  But from that idea springs a desire to learn techniques that I never learned.  The Chic Sparrow notebook covers are almost infinitely expandable, so I highly recommend going to their site and looking at options if this project sounds interesting to you.

Searching for books in the downtown library is fun, but unwieldy for me having been away from Dewey Decimal System for so long.  The good part is that you find books you weren't looking for; the more efficient way for me is to search for books online and have them put on hold at a branch library.  I spent an hour there this morning and they didn't have a single book I was looking for, but I did pick up a book of poems by Ursula Le Guin, who died last week.

No comments: