Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Saturday Notes

If I could make one retroactive request from the maker of people, I'd ask for a teeny tiny bit more of Carlene's DNA in the mood department--and a few other departments I won't mention at the moment.  But for today, my funk has lifted, as have the aches and pains that precipitated a week of low energy .   After a few days in the doldrums, it's such a relief when it passes and the physical pain along with it!

For one thing, the weather has turned--and that's always a good thing for the body cold-sensitive conditions like Crest. 

For another thing, today has had so many pleasures:

Chris came to San Antonio from Kerrville to take a poetry workshop at Gemini Ink, and we got to have a too-short but wonderful visit and lunch together at Adelantes.

Then Pam asked if I wanted to go to Soft Surroundings (my personal favorite clothes store) and I wound up buying two pair of good jeans and a blouse--with Pam as my super shopper advisor, running in and out of the dressing room bringing me jeans to try on.  We decided that you get what you pay for in the jeans department--no more Ross and thrift shops for jeans!  Besides, if you spent enough, which I did, you got a free Baby Foot.

Commercial Moment:  This product is one that really works--if you have leathery soles from going barefoot, which I do.  It's $25 and it takes off all the rough skin after about a week of using it only once. I used it last year and the results were impressive.

So now it's almost night and I'm planning on Pleasure #whatever: starting the new season of Frankie and Grace on Netflix while eating bacon and eggs and grits.




No comments: