Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2018

On Saturday,  I attended a neighborhood party in someone else's neighborhood.

The hostess and one of her neighbors decided to get to know their neighbors better, so the party was planned to introduce some of the people they'd met on their walks.

It was terrific.  Every neighborhood should consider having a party from time to time.  I was inspired to propose to Jan and Peggy that we have an Ogden party soon.

Ceviche, cheese and crackers, wine, sparkly waters, and fruit--it was delicious, and colorful--and I met people I liked very  much.

You know how you meet someone sometimes and find coincidences coming up  in conversations?   You grew up in a similar place maybe, or you read the same books, or you both like to dance or paint or share a certain affinity for a place? Then you find chairs next to each other and keep talking?

One of the party-goers likes to make art journals, which is what I'm attempting to do with my notebooks.  We're planning to schedule an art journal day after she returns from an upcoming trip to visit her mother.  If anyone else wants to play, let us know!









No comments: