Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Sugar and Word-Games Anonymous

I remember a Bible verse from my childhood: I'm always doing the stuff I don't mean to do and not doing the stuff I intend.  (rough translation.)

On Tuesday, I went to HEB to get all the healthy groceries I intended to get: fruits, veggies, nuts and cheeses. At the door was a cute little girl in a golden costume selling Girl Scout cookies.  One box is called Tagalongs.  They are neither sugar-free nor gluten free, but I thought I'd put them on the back shelf on the pantry and save them for the grandkids.  Long story short, all that is left of them is an empty box!

I will not buy Tagalongs again.
I will not buy Tagalongs again.
I will not buy Tagalongs again.

There.  Penance complete!

I also downloaded another blasted word game--which is visually beautiful.  Crossy Word (a crossword puzzle game) has serene music (which I turn down so I can watch the news while I play) and very Zen-like backgrounds.  It is fun and challenging enough until, for me, Round 319 when they started wanting longish words I've never heard of. I have resigned, but enjoyed it for 319 rounds, then they wanted me to buy clues, which I'm not doing.

My name is Linda and I'm an addict--of sugar and words.  But if some man shows up with sugary words again, I'm not opening the door!  (One won't, trust me.)  I know how easy it is to fall into both of my addictions when they are offered together or separately.


No comments: