Pages

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Thelma and Louise and Lucy

After my last blog post, I got a delicious blueberry muffin top and a text from Louise, dubbing me Thelma!  So instead of Lola, I'm Thelma now, at least to Louise!

To limber up my joints and head for writing group this afternoon, I went to the Chinese massage place (Foot Spa by Big Lots on San Pedro)  on a whim--and lucky me, I got Lucy again.  We don't speak but three or four English words in common, yet she has such a sense of humor and affection that I leave feeling happy, loose in the joints and clearer in my head!

For those many of us who don't have romantic partners on Valentines Day, the lead up to it can be a bit gloomy if you let it.  There's no one to rub your feet or your back, for one thing.  As Lucy was kneeding the knots in my neck, I thought, "If I were a dog, you'd be the person I'd choose to adopt me!"

She can say "Okay" and "You okay?" and "Thank you"--which is three phrases more than I can speak in her language.  While you're getting a massage, they play very soothing instrumental music, Asian and American.  When "Sounds of Silence" or a Josh Groban song is on, I add the words in my mind, but for the most part, I just enjoy the silence and darkness (A warm towel on my face) and the pampering.

Now I'm going to arrange Trader Joe dark-peanut butter cups in a heart-shaped tin and serve those as Valentines to my Saturday writing group!

If you're looking for a good Netflix series, and if you don't mind reading subtitles, check out Morocco, Love in Time of War.






No comments: