Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

The bed is almost done!

All of you (one of two at a time) are invited to come try it out.  Finally, I have a guest space and I'm really excited about it!

The interior is red, so that when you fold the bed down, it's all red.  When folded against the wall, it's warm barn wood from a hundred-year-old Georgia farmhouse.  The man who built the original house was a broom-maker.

Over the top, Mike is building a little roof with old barn tin that was originally painted red, so that the red shows through.  It's been a major project and it looks exactly like we'd hoped it would.  I'll post pictures when it's completed.

I put the first coat of bright sunflower yellow on the refrigerator today, and the second coat goes on tomorrow.  It may be a little tricky to paint with Elena here all day, but I'll give her a few boards to paint while I finish up.

When we get these projects completed and the air conditioner installed, I'll be leaving with Mike to spend a few days in Georgia, then will return on May 6th.




No comments: