Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

The Love of a Foster Mommy

As I mentioned earlier, my cousin's daughter Missy is fostering this tiny little girl--hoping to adopt her.  She's named Beth--after her grandmother, my cousin, and they live in Columbus, Georgia.

She has weekly visits with her birth mother--the one who is addicted to crack and abandoned her at birth.

These, I think, are classic photographs that capture the love and hope for a child born to someone else:



This little girl, like all little girls, needs a home where she's wanted and adored.  If she has to go back to her birth mother, I'd like to believe that she always remembers these days with Missy and Beth.

Both Missy and Beth have sold their loft apartments and Beth has bought a cute little cottage with a yard for grandchildren.

No comments: