Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

The Fiesta Arts and Crafts Fair

The one Fiesta event I always look forward to is the Southwest Crafts Fair.  Mike and I needed a break from working on Sunday, so we meandered around looking at pretty things for a couple of hours.

It's always inspiring to talk to artists.  My friend Roné Prinz was there from L.A. with her unique silver jewelry--houses and birds and 'industrial Zen" pieces.  She uses metals and her fanciful imagination to craft beautiful earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.

Jill Mayberg was back in her corner booth in the chapel--the painter whose colorful dogs, roosters, and hearts I love.  I bought three of her prints a few Fiestas ago; they make me happy.

Anthony, from Morro Beach, Rone's friend,  makes large hearts and wall-sculptures out of license plates, enameled in bright colors.  "I like to give old things new life," he said.








No comments: