Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

Parade of Dragons, Firetrucks, and Princesses

I woke up to a hard rain this morning, then got a call that the Pritchetts' road was underwater.  For a while, it looked like our little dragon might not make the preschool parade, but she arrived just in the nick of time to don her green suit on the staircase.





I'd have called it a dinosaur, but she's calling herself a green dragon--so I'll go with that.  The little princess in pink wearing a crown is her "best friend," Gianna.

It was my first Halloween parade--and thankfully, it was indoors--so there was no rain on this parade of three and four year olds.

My favorite costume of the day was that of a little boy who was dressed as a firetruck--his mom had painted a cardboard box red and attached paper plate wheels and the boy wore the box and a fire chief helmet.

One of the moms told me how to make Rice Krispie pumpkins--which is my after-nap project:

You shape the treats into balls with a little orange food coloring, use little Tootsie Rolls for the stem, and then attach little candy eyes.


No comments: