Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

Such Sweetness!

Yesterday, after driving to Helotes then up the mile-long bumpy road to the Pritchett house, the first thing I saw was a blur of pink--Elena running to meet me, arms outstretched.  She flew into my arms and held on tight--as if we'd not seen each other in years.  Then Nathan took a break from painting tombstones and did the same.  If only we could all hold on to that magical childhood way of greeting the people we love!

"I have a surprise!" Elena shouted--and introduced me to her new kitty, Halloweena.  She'd been wanting a kitty ever since the last one disappeared, and her daddy's crew found her one:

The firefighters were called to a rescue.  A man had fallen into a man hole trying to rescue the kitty he heard.  After reviving the unconscious man, the firefighters could still hear a mew from down below.  One of those macho firefighters--an animal lover--found some recorded cat sounds on his phone, played them, and lured the kitty out.  That's Elena's and Nathan's all-black Halloweena!  Skippy, the rat terrier, carries her around by the scruff of her neck like his very own baby.

Bonnie made a delicious dinner and the kids had decorated cupcakes.  All four of them sang Happy Birthday to me as the kids brought me a gift and a candle-lit cupcake.

"How old are you, Yenna?" Nathan asked.

"How old do you think?" I asked.

"Fifty-eight," he said.  (I'll take that!)

One of my presents was a necklace of multi-colored beads, made by Elena.  "I love it," I said.

"Are you going to wear it till you die?" Nathan asked--quickly adding, "A long long time away?"


Nathan will be at his other dad's house on Halloween, so last night was our family Halloween-birthday celebration.   "I wish I could be there at your house for the Halloween party," he said.

I'll be going to Elena's parade at pre-school this morning.  "Be sure and wear a very beautiful dress," Elena said.

She will be dressed as a dragon.  A very sweet little green dragon, probably with more chocolate frosting on her face.



No comments: