Pages

Friday, September 8, 2017

Dinosaur Eggs

Today was a wonderful Yenna day. At the grandparents' breakfast at Helotes Elementary, Elena said she wanted to come over after school, and I said yes, of course.

In the meanwhile, a friend came over and brought Elena six dinosaur eggs like the ones she made for her grandson for his birthday--and were they a hit!  She plants plastic dinosaurs inside a shell made of baking soda.  When you put them in vinegar, they fizz for a bit and with a little help, they hatch!

Elena brought Conway, the good dog, and the three of us played until just now while her parents went out to dinner.




I even got Elena to watch an episode of my telenovela to see if she could understand the Spanish.  She loved it!  I had to fast-forward through a few scenes, but she really got into the story.

Having eliminated gluten and sugar and Diet Cokes, I'm feeling like a new person!  

Nathan and Elena this morning--
a kindergartner and a 5th grader





No comments: