Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Inflammation Syndrome

This book is so interesting I decided to postpone my nutritional appointment until I've assimilated what's here--and go to yoga instead.

I'm taking notes and studying this carefully, but I did make a mistake in relating one fact in my previous post which Joy brought to my attention: I was surprised to read that the author suggested corn fed beef not grass fed ?  Did I read that correctly?  Cows are allergic to corn and every thing I've read is pro grass fed.

She's right, and I'm glad she  pointed out that error!

Most of the changes advocated in the book are things we already know--avoid sugar and other toxins, avoid bread and pasta in favor of fresh fruits and vegetables--but for me it's not always "not knowing"  but not "doing" or acting on what I already know.  Reading this book explains the biochemistry behind the principles of anti-inflammatory eating and I like knowing the reasons why certain foods are pro-inflammatory and others are anti-inflammatory.

I've been eating according to what I'm reading--and my body and brain feel better already.




No comments: