Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Sunday in the Neighborhood

I woke up feeling sluggish and sleepy this morning,  with the energy of a flea.  I suppose that could be an after-effect of the vaccine, but who knows?  I watched some random movie that was pretty terrible, starring Sarah Jessica Parker, then decided I felt sorry for my peppy little pal with no one to play with, so I dragged myself out of bed and tossed her new ball back and forth giving her half an hour of running.  

"You're not playing like you usually do," she said--with her eyes.  So then she started throwing an old sock all by herself, chasing it, and shaking it with all her might.  (I don't believe the sock survived the encounter.) 

"I know," I saId.  "I'm tired today."  

"Well, let's go for a walk," she suggested.

"I don't want to, I don't want to," I protested, hoping at least for a little sympathy for my malaise.

"Come on," she insisted.  "It will make. you feel better."

So we did.  And I did.  

Then Jan and Carma came over for a porch visit and the two furry girls greeted with each other with joy and tumbled into various configurations of puppy happy on the rug.

After that, we drove out to Luby's drive-through for some chicken fried steak.  It wasn't very good, but I managed to eat half of it and gave Luci some, then we went outside for one more run.

"Why don't we have chicken fried steak every day?" Luci said--with her big brown grateful eyes.  


"No way, "I said.  

No comments: